Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Special Post For Caregivers of Aging Parents

My writer friend, gottaloveit, is her 94 year old mother's caregiver and wrote a beautiful tribute and informational article about it for others to have some very helpful information about this subject. Click here to see this wonderful article! She included pictures of her lovely mother as well as different products that aid you in taking care of your aging parent.


Things like a pill box for every day of the week so you don't forget any of their pills, a raised commode seat with handles, to avoid falls in the bathroom, which is a common problem and helpful accessories to add to your parent's walker.



I love this lens because I was my aging mother's caregiver for the last year and a half of her life as I went to live with her after my divorce. It was a divine appointment from God and she and I both knew it. When she became to ill to do many things, I was very humbled and honored to give back to her what she had given me for 48 years. Total love and always a helping hand at anything I needed. My mom in her glory holding my first granddaughter. :)




Not everyone can care for their aging parent due to work, living space, their own condition and other factors, but if you are able to give them those last days with you, God bless you and I can say this without a doubt, I will never regret it! I cherish every moment I had with mom and miss her everyday. God bless all of the caregivers out there, even the gentle angels in assisted living homes and nursing homes like this one giving someone's mother tender loving care. Bless them, too!

A Nurse in a Nursing Home Talking Affectionately to a Senior Woman




A Nurse in a Nursing Home Talking Affectionately to a Senior Woman





No comments: