Saturday, May 14, 2011

From Mother's Day to Mother Goes Home

Here I am reminiscing back to 2003 and the rough Mother's Day mom had and her decline in health to the day of her graduation home to heaven on May 20, 2003. Time slips by so fast and I miss her as much now as then. The comfort of the Lord is what gets me through these lonesome times when I just want to go home and have supper with mom or call her and tell her everything like I used to. God never said this life would be easy and we know that death is the last enemy. I'm glad she is home with Jesus, dad and a whole slew of family and friends. She said we need to come to the "party" and I plan on being there when my name is called. Miss and love you, mom.

1 comment:

Down Syndrome Advocate said...

Joey,

So sorry for the loss of your mom. I like your outlook on joining the party. Too many people get caught up in the here and now and forget we are working to get somewhere. :)

Hugs,
Heather