Saturday, November 24, 2012

Holiday Memories of Mom

Dear Mom,  it is two days past Thanksgiving and 26 months of this skin affliction that is taking its toll on me mentally, emotionally and physically. I just want it to stop and go away forever as I had eczema as a child and now this?

 Life seems to hard at times and I so miss you up there in heaven at the party you described to me so well as you were leaving this world. Holidays are hard..I love being with my kids and we reminisce about Grandma's peanut butter balls, pecan fingers, chocolate covered cherries and your happy spirit that cheered everyone up.

 I sooo miss you mom...so much. I remember how sad you were when dad when home to Jesus and you lost the joy of the holidays and didn't care if you put up the Christmas tree. I ended up talking you into it when the boys and I lived with you. We enjoyed that Christmas and you were not sick and actually had family living in the home to enjoy again.

 Mom, I am now living that lonely life and have little desire to put up the tree, and you know what a decorating person I am for the holidays. I did find a little tree for my bedroom and put lights all around the bottom of the dresser with candles and garland. It is pretty and makes me think about the light of Jesus and how wonderful heaven must be.

 I love the meaning of Christmas and focus on that and just worship my King whom you are in the presence of every day.

 Wow.... I will do my best to die to self-pity and enjoy the days I am here with this skin hell and would you just peek in on me now and then, or better yet, just sit by me like you used to when I was sick? I know you can't come to earth, but somehow maybe an angel can come in your place and bring your love with?

 I love you mom and will see you soon, but I have my wonderful children and 12 grandchildren now. You said not to come there too soon and once I am healed, I will be back to the hospital and nursing homes and wherever the Good Lord leads me to sing and minister out of my own brokenness to the broken people of this world. Enjoy the party mom and save me some chocolate cause in heaven..I won't have a reaction to it! :) xoxoxoxo

P.S. Do they do the Hokey Pokey in heaven? You probably are the queen of it! xoxoxo