Friday, April 15, 2011

Mother's Day Memories


Mother's Day is a very special day to me because mom went home to heaven two weeks after that memorable day. It wasn't her best Mother's Day because she was too sick to eat and felt bad that we all were there to eat with her and she couldn't. We did our best to cheer her up and not be too sad, but I did sit with her in the living room and hold her hand and cry with her. Sometimes, that's all you can do and crying with someone is okay, it's a God given release valve for us to let out some of the pressures that build up on the inside. Don't ever fear your tears and embrace the emotions God gave you. Just make sure that you don't stay in the grief mode too long because that is not healthy.


She went home to Jesus and made it clear to me that it was beyond describable and was seeing her mom, which put her into a fixed trance for a while before she left her body. She shared a lot with me while in that fixed stare to heaven and even chuckled with us when we laughed about the music and food being what she liked.



Mom did have many happy Mother's Day events and one I remember well is when my dad, brother, sister and I made her breakfast and brought it to her in bed. Boy, was she surprised and happy! She was the queen of serving and helping everyone else, so this really touched her and meant a lot. I will cherish those Mother's Day memories and rejoice in the day I see her again! I hope you enjoy it and have a special memory of a Mother's Day with your mom.

Good Night



Praise God, she's home free!









No comments: