Monday, February 7, 2011

February Has One Good Thing About It! Valentine's Day!

February is my least favorite month of the year and I know it was my mother's, too. I guess when you are a social butterfly like her and I, the dreary, cold winter weather cramps your flying style too much. But, I do try to find the good in everything, as mom would say "You have to be thankful for something every day."

True words and helpful to keep a positive attitude. Attitude is a big part of our happiness and I sure don't like the unhappy feeling at all. God gave us so many things to be thankful for, that I just have to find things on a daily basis to remind my soul that life is good.

Valentine's day has happy memories for me as a child, because of the fun I had getting those cute little cards and candy hearts for my class-mates. Of course, the best and biggest valentines were reserved for the cutest boys in my class. Then I added my special candy hearts with those "you're cute" phrases on them.

Mom made Valentine's day a special day with her heart shaped cakes and chocolate heart gifts. And, I always looked forward to coming home and dumping out my homemade valentine's box of cards and goodies to share with mom.

The links in this post will take you to my articles I have written about missing a loved one or being single and lonely on Valentine's day and how to cope with it, hope they help you in some way. If you find yourself sad on Valentine's day because you're missing your mother or are single, widowed or in place where you don't enjoy this holiday? Do look up and reflect on the goodness of God and His love for you. You are His valentine and He has given that valentine's card for eternity by sending His Son to take our place on the cross. A personal relationship with God will help you face any bad day and give you the blessed hope of seeing your deceased loved one that went home to heaven. Happy Valentine's day, my friends!

To My Valentine, Victorian Mother and Child as Cupid




To My Valentine, Victorian Mother and Child as Cupid


12.5 in. x 18 in.




No comments: