Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall and Mother

Mom made autumn such a wonderful and memorable time of the year for us kids. She always did some fall cleaning, although it wasn't as intense as spring cleaning. I would help her pull furniture out and clean in places that didn't get the weekly once over. Certain foods that she made in the fall trigger a happy, nostalgic thought when I smell them. I can even now visualize and smell the bread pudding, rice pudding, homemade beef stew, chili, chicken and dumplings, chicken casserole, tater tot casserole, goulash and oh my gosh~ hot tapioca pudding! She always had the canned whipped cream so we could deck our pudding with an extra treat. I sure would love to take a ride over to mom's this Sunday afternoon for some of her fall goodies~sigh~someday I will.

Victorian Autumn -  Framed Fine Art Print on Canvas - Black frame





Kinkade, Thomas


No comments: