Thursday, April 29, 2010

One of Mother's Favorites

Mom used to come to my church whenever I was scheduled to sing a solo, because she was very proud of me when I sang and she would get very emotional. Mothers are like that, you know? I can watch any one of my kids or grand-kids perform at music or sports and the tears flood my eyes. The older I get, the more of her I see in me, oh yea, she lives in my heart for sure. :)

Well, this was one of her favorite songs and she had requested me to sing it. This particular song became mine as I had weathered a lot of storms and she would always say, "you would be in a mental institution by now if it weren't for your faith." You know? She was right and this song was my testimony to that fact. We had a cassette of me singing it that the sound guy recorded and she would sit in her recliner chair by the big picture window, and play that cassette over and over, with tears streaming down her face, oh, how I can see it like it was yesterday. The champion of weathering the storms of life, taught me well. Thanks dear mother~

Joseph Larson brings it home with soul, the only way to sing this anointed song.



No comments: